Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"A Voice" by Pat Mora
Transcript of "A Voice" by Pat Mora
About the Author!
* Pat Mora was born in El Paso, Texas on July 19, 1942.
* Her full name is Patricia Estella Mora.
* Pat is a former teacher, university administrator, museum director, and consultant, she is a popular national speaker at conferences, campuses, libraries and schools.
*This poem is a free verse. There is no specific rhyme scheme or meter.
: "You liked winning with words"
: "I can't you whispered, I cant"
"Felt your breath stick in your throat like an ice- cube."
"Your breath moves through the family like the wind moves through the trees."
"He walked slow as a hot river down the hallway"
**Please turn to page 270 in the literature text book!
This poem is about a girl who has moved to the United States and is often uncomfortable around the people at her school, because she feels different and speaks another language.
The theme of "A Voice" by Pat Mora is that, "One must speak up to be heard."
by Abbrianna Robert