Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is a GMO?
Transcript of What is a GMO?
Are organisms being manipulated genetically?
How do we define GMO?
Pro-GMO vs. Anti-GMO
Genetically Modified Organism Controversy
Under the Microscope
GMO = imposed risk
The GMO Controversy
Quality (risk perception)
Engineering vs. Modification
Human manipulation of DNA
Author & Situated Ethos
Scientific consensus is that GMOs are safe / benefits
Familiar but suggestive imagery
Comparison to trans fats
Perceived public opinion
Existing regulation (extrinsic)
Noncompliance by farmers
Prevalence of GMOs
GMO production restrictions
What is the controversial issue?