Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Descriptive paragraph
What are the 5 elements?
Think of 3 things you would change in the classroom to make it better and discuss with your partner.
Use the adverb clauses.
so that - because - since
when - whenever
despite the fact that - (even) though - although
this classroom is big and has a lot of windows, I think it would be better to have air conditioning.
Think of a person you admire (family, famous people, artists...)
Make a list of 4 reasons why you admire this person.
(talk about his/her appearance, personality, behavior and likes)
appearance: she had short gray hair and dark brown eyes
Likes: she loved to knit and liked to listen to Peruvian songs.
Personality: she was a homebody and an overachiever.
Write a descriptive paragraph about the person you admire.
Behavior: She always took care of us and....
What is your writing going to be about?
What does this person look like? (Appearance)
What are this person's hobbies? (likes)
What is this person like? (describe the personality and behavior)
* Use the nouns and adjectives for describing personalities. (6 new words)
* Adverb Clauses (4 minimum)
* Expressions for making general statements (2 minimum)
Remember that a descriptive paragraph
what a person or thing is like...
... so you should
include specific details
to help the reader (the teacher in this case) understand your subject.
your sentence with the
I take my mom out whenever I have money.
Whenever I have money, I take my mom out.