Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
KTR, Chapter 8
Transcript of KTR, Chapter 8
Commander of the Military
Represents the Country
Ruler of the Economy
Comforter in Chief
Protector of the Republic
What we THINK the President can do
What the President can ACTUALLY do
Necessity of bargaining
Head of State
Head of Government
Qualifications for President
1. Natural Born Citizen
2. 35 years old
3. Resident of the U.S. for 14 years
How to Remove a President
1. The House brings charges (impeachment)
2. The Senate conducts a trial
"Treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors"
The Powers of the President
Appoints the Cabinet
Commander in Chief
Chief Foreign Policy Maker
State of the Union
Assembled State Militias
Enlarged Army and Navy beyond limits
Pledged government credit for a loan
Instituted a naval blockade of the South
Suspended habeas corpus
Authorized military courts
Allowed AG to search homes without warrant
Moved United States off the Gold Standard
Tremendously increased the size of the federal budget
Increased the number of nonmilitary workers on the payroll by 50%
Threatened to change the Supreme Court if it found his policies unconstitutional
Presidents in Times of Crisis
How do Presidents get things done?
Power to Persuade
Rally Around the Flag
White House Staff
The First Lady
Chief of Staff