Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mock Thesis Proposal
Transcript of Mock Thesis Proposal
How Motivation Influence
English Language Learner’s
- How human acquires a second language?
Instrumental motivation: a positive interest toward a language for practical reasons .
Integrative orientation: an interest toward a language for social or economic reason.
Comprehensible Output Hypothesis
Chen, J.F., Warden, C.A., & Chang, H. T. (2005), Motivators That Do Not Motivate: The Case of Chinese EFL Learners and the Influence of Culture on Motivation. TESOL Quarterly, 39: 609–633.
Csizér, K. & Dörnyei, Z. (2005). The internal structure of language learning motivation and its relationship with language choice and learning effort. The Modern Language Journal, 89(i), 19-36.
Lai, M. (2005). Language attitudes of the first postcolonial generation in hong kong secondary schools. Language in Society, 34(3), 363-388.
Noels, K.A., Pelletier, L.G., & Clément, R. (2002). Why are you learning a second language? Motivational orientations and self-determination theory. Language Learning, 50(1), 57-85.
Theory of Need (1987)
- David McClelland
Orientations of Motivation
in Socio-Educational Model (1959)
- Gardner& Lambert
(Gardner & Lambert, 1959)
(1) How students with instrumental orientations of English learning, their language skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking) differ from students with integrative orientations of English learning?
(2) Which group of students makes more progress in English language learning in a set period of time?
Quantitative & Qualitative
-100 F5 students
- Test result
Phrase 1 & Phrase 2