Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Anne Frank Presentation
Transcript of Anne Frank Presentation
1. They are not compatible because of their different views on life and personalities.
2. Their parents don't get along or approve.
3. Anne's going through puberty and so her emotions are not stable.
Topic Question: Do you think that Peter Van Daan and Anne Frank make a good match for each other? Why or why not?
We believe that Peter Van Daan and Anne Frank would not make a good match. Group: Lauren Cruz, Nicole Flores, Yelena Franco, and Jordyn Helaire This change has also caused her to become very clingy to Peter and needy for his attention. In Act 1 scene scene 2 the play describes Anne as "following him" and continually asking Peter "Where are you going? Come dance with me." and "Can i watch?" And in her diary she also writes "Saturday, 1 April, 1944 . . . I am so longing for a kiss, the kiss that is so long in coming." Anne describes herself as going through puberty during her time in the Secret Annex. In Act 2 scene 1 she says, "There is one great change. . . A change in myself. . . I think that what is happening to me is so wonderful . . . not only what can be seen, but what is taking place inside. . ." Because she is going through this change, her emotions and attitude are not stable and tend to change often. She tends to become easily upset. For example, in Act 1 scene 3 her mother simply tells her not to behave disrespectfully with the Van Daans and Anne yelled dramtically "Marogt, Margot, Margot. . .Everything she does is right, and everything I do is wrong! I’m the goat around here! . . . You’re all against me! . . . And you worst of all!" In the same scene, after trying to play with Peter her father tells her he's not used to "girls" and she replied "Time? Isn’t two months time? I could cry." To a lot of people, Anne and Peter do make a good match for many reasons, but here are just a few.
1. For one, they connected in the Secret Annex. They were able to open up to each other and depended on each other for support when they most needed it.
We believe that is only true because they were forced to be close with each other due to their situation. For example, most of their conversations in the play were not about each other as a real couple would do but about the predicaments they faced in the Secret Annex with their parents and within themselves.
2. They do have opposite personalities but don't opposites attract?
Many movies and books such as Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl and the movie The Diary of Anne Frank can make you believe that, but in the real world, things don't always work out that way. Yes, Anne and Peter seemed to be the ideal couple but outside of the Secret Annex they didn't even know they went to the same school and things will probably go back that way.