Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cell Division
(t for two cells)
Functions of Cell Division
a cell grows, prepares for division, and divides into two new cells called "daughter cells".
Three main stages:
grows to full size
produces other needed structures
includes G1, S, G2
chromosomes become more coiled
nuclear envelope dissolves
centrioles move to opposite ends of cell
chromosomes line up
nucleus is missing
chromosomes pulled apart to opposite ends of cell
two new nuclei
no spindle fibers
cell is pinched around the middle
cell splits into two daughter cells
contains 1/2 the organelles of the parent cell
animal cells: cell membrane squeezes together around middle of cell and pinches into two cells
plant cells: cell plate forms across middle of cell
new cell membranes form between daughter cells
new cell walls form around cell membranes