Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Congential Heart Defects
Transcript of Congential Heart Defects
Procedures using catheters
some heal on own Treatments People believe having surgery is the cure but often later in life problems appear again Symptoms Difficulty Breathing
Poor Weight Gain
Sudden Weight Gain Ventricular Septal Defect Most common defect where a hole in the heart allows the oxygen-rich blood leak. Small holes may heal on their own and cause no symptoms
Larger holes may require surgery Vary on heart defects some include : Some conditions are inherited and others a combination of inheritance and environment. The Estimated Life Expectancy Is About 75 Years Cure This is the second most common account for about 10 % of all congenital heart diseases.
This occurs during pregnacy. Pulmonary Valve Stenosis A defect in not having enough oxygen and there is a mixing of blue blood and red blood can cause a heart hole Cyanotic yes it can be carry higher risk of complications and even death during pregancy or after delivery. Can Pregnancy be life threatening to a woman with congenital heart disease?