Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Baskets 1
Hoopu (Baby Basket)
Kawono (Burden Basket)
Used to carry and balance large loads.
Often used during Pinenut harvest.
Yata (Winnowing Basket)
Winnowing baskets are used to roast pinenuts
Pinenuts are a staple food for Great Basin Tribes
Primary material in basketry
Increasingly difficult to find
Used to reinforce
Is a strong, durable material
Craddlebaskets are used to bundle, secure, and carry babies.
The baskets comfort and protect the baby.
The design on the hood of the basket indicates the sex of the baby.
Designs that do not touch indicate a boy.
Diamonds or designs that touch indicate a girl.
Press and hold