Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Future of Web APIs
Transcript of Future of Web APIs
Enterprise and SOAP Web Services
Wrapped XML Messages
Difficult to work with
Not very web friendly
The rise of AJAX and Web 2.0
Snippets of HTML returned
User generated content
XML Gives way to JSON
Smaller message sizes
RESTful APIs Begin to be adopted
Data organised as Resources
Structured XML responses
Uses The Force of the Internet
REST RESPONSES IN JSON
JSON responses are preferred and expected
Hypermedia is Widely Adopted
Hyperlinks for APIs
Client wrappers are auto-generated
Control moves back to the Server
HTTP/2.0 Begins to be Adopted
Speeds up the internet
Browsers and Servers send at the same time
Server can Push resources
Webpages, Web APIs - one and the same
Single response for humans and for computers