Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Persuasive Techniques Used in Non-Fiction
Transcript of Persuasive Techniques Used in Non-Fiction
Loaded Language A method of persuasion that appeals to a person’s emotions in order to convince them to do or believe something.
Exaggeration Represent (something) as being larger, greater, better, or worse than it really is Contradiction A combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another. Misleading
Statements An intentionally untrue statement made to mislead. Scare Tactics persuade a sympathetic response by preying upon the audience’s fears False Authority Use of authority instead of evidence.
Example: When a celebrity endorses a product