Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Persuasive Techniques Used in Non-Fiction
Transcript of Persuasive Techniques Used in Non-Fiction
Loaded Language A method of persuasion that appeals to a person’s emotions in order to convince them to do or believe something.
Exaggeration Represent (something) as being larger, greater, better, or worse than it really is Contradiction A combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another. Misleading
Statements An intentionally untrue statement made to mislead. Scare Tactics persuade a sympathetic response by preying upon the audience’s fears False Authority Use of authority instead of evidence.
Example: When a celebrity endorses a product