Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chickering's 7 Vectors
Transcript of Chickering's 7 Vectors
18 years old - 24 years old college students
FR - SO - JR - SR - Beyong College Developing Competence Managing Emotions shift in focus on control from external sources and influences, to controlling behavior through internal processes 1969 1993 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 What is a vector? Psychosocial Development:
development as a succession of stages, such as thinking, feeling,
behaving, valuing, and relations with other and to oneself intellectual
interpersonal processes differentiation and integration 1. awareness of one's emotions
2. acting on emotions
3. receiving feedback on actions
4. exercising internal control of action and integrating emotions Moving through Autonomy
toward Interdependence 3 elements:
emotional independence + instrumental independence + integration of both + Developing Mature Interpersonal Relationships greater trust, independence, individuality Establishing Identity IDENTITY is the confidence in one's ability to maintain inner sameness and continnuity Developing Purpose Developing Integrity humanize
personalize values 7