Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Keynote - Rendering with Voxels
Transcript of Keynote - Rendering with Voxels
[Cyril Crassin, nVidia] Realtime Indirect Illumination How to store voxels in GPU? Sparse Voxel Octree For GPU... 1. Compact data layout
2. Child nodes with are stored in conjunction
3. A leaf node stores voxels as a "brick" in texture memory A voxel can tell... 1. Position
4. ... Many Octrees... Leaf nodes are 3D textures Looks Like Texture Mipmaps THANKS FOR ATTENTION How To Render? Down-sample to larger node Bake Radiance & Directions For each fragment,
Gather indirect radiance Ambient Occlusion V is a visibility function Cone Diffuse Specular Future 1. Memory Efficiency on Dynamic Octrees
2. More Techniques
4. Animation Conclusion Question? 1. It offers good indirect illumination
2. The results are smooth
3. It can run on existing hardware
4. It's real-time! Sources of Voxels? 1. MRI Scanner
2. Triangle Meshes
4. ... Dynamic Voxelization Triangles Voxels Two modes:
1. Static: Pre-Voxelization
2. Dynamic: Add to the structure REALTIME DOOM (using 2D Ray-Casting) Ray-Casting! ≠ Ray-Tracing 錐子 BUT so many rays...
including direct lights and reflections IT WILL BE SLOW CONE Bundled Rays