Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Growing Up
1. When did you...? Match the ideas on the right with the ideas on the left to create true sentences.
1. What other things do you remember from your childhood? Write a short list of events.
Learning to ride a bike
Playing Hide & Seek
Getting into trouble
2. What's a good tense to use to talk about your childhood?
Ex: -my first pet
-a time I got lost
-a family tradition
-my best friend
2. Where are you from? Did you ever live in any other place?
Reasons a child could get into trouble!
Think about the questions you could ask these classmates to know more.
3. Listen. Ramon is asking Ling about her childhood.
Where was Ling born?
Where does she live now?
Listen and write the answers.
Seattle - Sao Paulo - Brazil - Hong Kong - San Francisco
1. Ling was born in
Sao Paulo, Brazil
2. She lives in
Cd 2, track 1
Periods of time
Points in time
I was six
Started school? Learned a sport? Took lessons?
Went on a family vacation?
______ years ago for ______ years
until I was ______
just before ______
2. Ask questions to your partner with the information in Ex. 1.
Change the verbs to make proper questions!
Group Work: Blog
In goups or pairs come up with an idea for the Unit's Blog.
Share it with the class. Then vote in Mentimeter.
are you learning
And what languages did you study in the past?
2. Why do people study another languages? In pairs think about
Because they want to...
Keiko, Paul, Brad, and Mirka
are talking about languages they
learned in school. Listen and write the answers.
English & Russian
"I took Spanish last year, and
What does Brad say about his friends?
What does Mirka say about people learning English?
learned Russian and only
a few people
To talk about general
To talk about
1. Complete the chart in
of your worksheets. Then make true sentences
using determiners in
Check the words
to identify if you need
have to take exams.
Most of the students in our class
have to take exams.
1. ____________students are good at languages.
2. ____________the students in my class are good at languages.
Use another quantifier
2. What was your
at school? Brainstorm names.
Complete the chart with
. The compare with a partner.
I didn't like...
I'd like to study...