Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Impact Investing
1. the financial return on an investment
2. social and environmental impacts Mission: to create a world beyond poverty by investing in social enterprises, emerging leaders, and breakthrough ideas.
Changing the Development Paradigm:
Acumen uses philanthropic capital to make disciplined investments – loans or equity, not grants – that yield both financial and social returns. Any financial returns received are recycled into new investments. 1. identifying social enterprises
2. supporting these enterprises
3. creating methods for measuring their returns
4. building a global community of professionals inspire impact + invest Energy what is impact investment? what is the Acumen Fund? what are the goals of Acumen Fund? what is patient capital? what are the projects? Husk Power Systems Health Housing Water Agriculture Education by Cesar Francia and
Inn-Young Park made into companies, organizations, and funds types of capital:
3. working capital lines of credit
4. loan guarantees SPROXIL Medeem Water Health International Jassar Farms Edubridge "dignity is more important to the human spirit than wealth" Sources 1. Acumen Fund, available at www.acumenfund.org
2. E.T Jackson and Associates Ltd., Accelerating Impact: Achievement Challenge and What's Next in Building the Impact Investing Industry, http://www.rockefellerfoundation.org//uploads/files/06545100-ed46-4406-8c6f-580639b1bc0f.pdf
3. Impact Investing, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/impact_investing.
tremendous growth since 2001 Long time horizons for the investment
A goal of maximizing social, rather than financial, returns
Providing management support to help new business models thrive
The flexibility to seek partnerships with governments and corporations through subsidy and co-investment when doing so may be beneficial to low-income customers.