Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Demise of the Newspaper and the Rise of the 'New' News
Transcript of The Demise of the Newspaper and the Rise of the 'New' News
The Huffington Post
A citizen journalist is an amateur journalist who usually publishes online by using a blog or community website.
Advertisements will move online.
In 2009, they dropped as much as 26 percent.
They make up 70 percent of a newspaper's revenue.
Easy to reach your target market online.
Paid staff of 150. Relies on 3000 contributors. Over 12,000 citizen journalists.
Creator: Arianna Huffington
What's the problem with the newspaper?
They're clunky. They come out once a day. They have no hyperlinks. They can't be edited.
In 1938: 38 out of 100 peopl bought newspapers. Today, only 7.