Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How All Teachers Can (and Must) Be Reading Teachers
Transcript of How All Teachers Can (and Must) Be Reading Teachers
to ensure that your students read more (and better) Better readers today are better readers of tomorrow... Four basic skills needed to read Decoding
- the process of taking apart the written text to identify the spoken words it represents Fluency
- the ability to read at a rapid rate with accuracy and expression Vocabulary
- word knowledge: how many words a students knows and how well they know them Comprehension
- the abilty to understand the written text Comprehension has two basic needs... mastery of fluency, decoding, and vocabulary an understanding of how to utilize comprehension techniques Meaningful reading within the classroom 1. accountable
2. moderately expressive
3. highly leveraged
teachers are able to reliably assess whether students are actually reading DEAR (drop everything and read) does not hold students accountable students demonstrate the capacity to embed meaning in words as they read, to show in their inflection that they are processing the words above a basic level moderately expressive highly leveraged all students are engaged in the reading process...
"Control the Game" Control the Game
keep durations unpredictable
keep the identity of the next reader unpredictable
keep durations short
reduce transaction costs
use bridging to maintain continuity
rely on a placeholder We are what we have read and how we read it... accountable