Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Remedies
Remedies for Breach of Contract
Non-performance gives the right to claim damages and terminate contract if a condition is breached
Remoteness - are you entitled to damages?
Were the losses foreseeable at the time the contract was formed
Expectation Interest or loss
Reliance Interest or loss
Requirements for Courts to apply these equitable remedies
Three issues -
Victoria Laundry v Newman Industries
Hadley v Baxendale
Jarvis v Swan Tours
Parties can set an agreed amount of damages prior to the contract being accepted