Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
PAST MODALS: TO MAKE INFERENCES (A02)
Transcript of PAST MODALS: TO MAKE INFERENCES (A02)
1- A man is standing on a street corner looking at a map.
a) He must have gotten lost.
b) He must have killed his wife and looked for a place to hide.
2- A woman is coming home, and her hair is wet.
a) She must have gone out in the rain.
b) She must have decided to take a shower outdoors.
3- A man is holding a lottery ticket, but he looks unhappy.
a) He can't have won any money.
b) He can't have had enough money to buy a lottery ticket.
4- Several people are looking at a house with a broken window.
a) Someone must have broken in.
b) People must have liked the window design.
- Which answers are almost certain?
- Which answers are nearly impossible?