Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of FILIPINO SUPERSTITIONS
Sweeping the floor at night will bring you bad luck
Always sweep from out to in, not in to out of the house
-When a visitor leaves your home during a meal, turn your plate 360˚
-Never eat the "tutong" or you'll be last in everything
- Putting your left shoe on before your right is a bad omen.
- Eating food with only your left hand will cure a cold.
- It's bad luck to break plates at a wedding.
- If you sneeze in front of a dead body at a funeral you will die.
- Singing while cooking will cause you to be an unmarried maid.
- If you wake up in the opposite position of how you slept, it means a spirit visited you.
- It's good luck to cut a baby's hair before their 1st birthday.
- If you trip on uneven pavement, you must walk around in 3 times to prevent bad luck for the rest of the day.
-If a pregnant woman hops over her husband, her morning sickness will transfer to her husband.
-Plants will wither and trees will bear sour fruits if touched by a pregnant woman
-Garlic should be hung near windows to keep the aswang from attacking.
- Drying clothes, especially underwear, at night causes pregnancy.
-2 family members cannot get married within the same year. Sukob.
- Any girl who sits at the head of the table will become a spinster.
-The bride and the groom visit the shrine of Sta Clara to offer eggs to the patron saint of good weather praying for a rain free wedding day
- It's best to choose a date with an upward stroke.
-Never give or eat pancit at a wake or funeral.
-The center in the pictures of three will die.
-When a person smells a lit candle when there really is no candle lit, one of their relatives will die
-If one cuts their finger nails at night, a member of their family will die.
- A mole on the back of a man will find conflict and misfortune, while on a woman it means a hardship in life and difficulty in birth.
- A mole on the center of the chest means he will always be happy, loyal and brave, and is protective of their name and honor.
- If a spoon falls it means a man will come and visit you.
- Wearing your hat backwards will cause hardship or will not be able to move forward in life.
- Putting wet string on your forehead cure hiccups.
- Girls who spray their perfume only three times will be visited by a white lady.
-A mole on the upper lip means good luck in marriage.
-A person with a mole on their nose is lustful
- If you yawn without covering your mouth, you're letting bad spirits enter into your body.
- Never pay your debts at night.
- Walking against the flow of traffic counteracts the blessings you've received.
- Wearing mismatched socks causes feet swelling and foot/leg cramps.