Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Inverting the Linear Algebra Classroom
Transcript of Inverting the Linear Algebra Classroom
from a cognitive standpoint Cognitive load Resource availability The traditional classroom model has a possibly fatal flaw Inverted classroom model Cognitive load Resource availability transmission OUTSIDE the class
assimilation INSIDE the class Robert Talbert
Associate Professor of Mathematics and Computing
Franklin College, Franklin, IN
http://bit.ly/talbertjmm Student learning in linear algebra might improve if the environments for transmission and assimilation were reversed THE PEDAGOGY IS NOTHING NEW http://www.flickr.com/photos/limonada/7084606/ Full screencasts available at talk website Students must grapple with most difficult concepts and cognitive tasks when instructor availability is at its lowest http://www.flickr.com/photos/russmorris/2486506322/ Inverted classroom structure Inverted classroom tools