Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Negative effects of Social media on teens
Transcript of Negative effects of Social media on teens
Daily overuse of media and technology has a negative effect on the health of all children, preteens and teenagers by making them more prone to anxiety, depression, and other psychological disorders, as well as by making them more susceptible to future health problems. - See more at: http://www.stonehearthnewsletters.com/daily-overuse-of-media-technology-has-negative-effect-on-the-health-of-all-children/pediatric-health/#sthash.SnpzyrFJ.dpuf
(e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram)
Effects of Instagram on teens
'95 per cent of 12 to 17-year-olds in the United States access the Internet every day, and 80 per cent of those youth use online social networking sites to communicate.’
What is Social Media?
Social Media is the future of communication, a countless array of internet based tools and platforms that increase and enhance the sharing of information
Negative facts about Social Media
Negatives of Social Media
*No Emotion... just
* No Privacy
*Risk of addiction
Signs and Symptoms of Social Media Addiction
When a teen has most of their friendships and conversations online, though they haven met some of those friends.
Constantly : texting, tweeting, and posting... on social Media. To an extent where its all you think about
How to treat problems caused by Social Media
Daily overuse of media and technology has a negative effect on the health of all children, preteens and teenagers by making them more prone to anxiety, depression, and other psychological disorders, as well as by making them more susceptible to future health problems.
Set a limit for yourself and ask someone to help you reach your goal.
For help from Depression or cyber bullying caused by Social media go to :-
www.wiredsafety.org for National help.
For local Help call 1-800-420-1479.
3) Get rid of the apps if you cant resist the temptation to use them.
Low self esteem
* Degrade in school performance
Risk of friending predators and being hacked
* Withdrawal from actual human interaction
* Low self esteem
* Could lead to Obesity
The result of looking at a screen all day= No excersice = obesity.
4) Get involved in something that you're interested in e.g. (sports, music, and volunteering).