Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Marilyn Monroe: A Great Leader
Transcript of Marilyn Monroe: A Great Leader
An Influential Leader Why Is She a Leader? Marilyn Monroe isn't your typical leader. She didn't have a perfect life, and wasn't a perfect person, and she knew that. But she did have some very important qualities.
- She was determined
- She knew exactly what she wanted in life, and made sure she got it.
- She embraced herself and her flaws
- She was mentally strong
- She was an inspiration to women that they can be anything they set their mind to.
- She thought everyone was beautiful.
See, leaders are supposed to see potential in everyone, and be humble about themselves. Accomplishments Marilyn Monroe was a wonderful actress and model. She was very successful and good at what she decided to pursue in life, despite all the personal challenges she faced. Some of her major accomplishments are:
- Recognized as fastest rising star of 1952
- Nominated for Golden Globe in 1956 for Bus Stop
- Won Best Foreign Actress in 1959 for The Prince and the Showgirl
- Often the only women in her time to make the top ten list of biggest box office draws
- Ranked 6th best female star of all time in 1999 Biography Birth Name: Norma Jeane Mortenson
Nickname: The Blonde Bombshell
Born: June 1, 1926 in Los Angeles, CA
Died: August 4, 1962 in Los Angeles, CA, age 36
Married: Jimmy Dougherty on June 19, 1942
1946: Dyed her hair blonde and started calling herself Marilyn Monroe
Had several failed relationships in her life.
1946-1960: starred in many hit comedies, including The Seven Year Itch and Some Like it Hot.
1961: Her last completed film: The Misfits
Prized possession: Autographed photo of Albert Einstein I hope you're convinced that Marilyn Monroe was a great leader in her own way. Even though she didn't have the typical leadership qualities, she really proved to the world that she wasn't just some pretty face.
THANK YOU FOR WATCHING! Early Life:
Marilyn had a very hard, troubled childhood. Her mother was a widow and mentally ill, and abandoned her to live through a series of foster homes. She was abused severely in her early childhood and worked for a nickel a month at age 9. She dropped out of school at age 15. When she was 16, she ended up marrying to get out of staying at an orphanage. So she didn't have the best background to reflect on. INTRO TO MARILYN
Quote: So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
Marilyn Monroe was a famous American actress, model, and singer. The major part of her career was in the 1950s, when she starred in many successful comedy and motion pictures. She overcame major personal and childhood issues to become one of the best and most wanted in Hollywood.