Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake
Transcript of Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake
Rattlesnake Why Is The Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake Endangered The eastern massasauga rattlesnake is endangered because its territory is being destroyed. Surface mining and building is significantly decreasing the population. Why Do People Dislike The Massasauga Rattlesnake People dislike the massasauga because it is the only venomous snake in Ontario and Quebec. Some people want to eliminate all of the venomous snakes so they do get poisoned. Except the massasauga usually doesn't want to fight humans the massasauga only fights for self defense. What To Do If You See A Massasauga -Keep your distance from the snake.
-Do not kill the snake.
-Do not pick it up.
-If a pet is bitten by the snake notify your veterinarian and immediately take pet to a veterinarian for treatment.
-If you are bitten, contact 911 What To Do If You Get Bit By A Massasauga Most Important. Stay calm if you are bit.
1. Get away from the snake
2. Hold the area above the bite to decrease blood flow to spread the venom
3. After call 911 as soon as possible
4. Remember the colors, tail shape, head shape
5. Tell the 911 person what the colors, tail shape, head shape are.
6. DO NOT TRY TO CATCH THE SNAKE This rattlesnake is not trying to hurt you it is just protecting itself. We think that they are trying to kill us so we kill the snake. The population of the snake had decreased 75%. If we don't do anything in the next 5 years the snake will be gone forever! The purple is where the massasauga lives. We can help keep the massasauga rattlesnake from being extinct if we act NOW! Also you can inform others about what to do they see a massasauga rattlesnake so that they will not try to hurt the snake and they can both stay safe. You can help the massasauga from being extinct by donating to animal saving places. E.G. WWF (World Wildlife Fund) The End Eastern Massasauga Food Chain Grass Bunny massasauga My Plan My plan to save the massasauga rattlesnake is to make a zoo and have massasauga rattlesnakes stay there. Then when I find a better place (like a forest) for them I will move them there and let the reproduce. Therefore the massasauga will not have a chance for becoming extinct from us humans. How YOU Can Help Thank You for your time and... Time for a video Bibliography http://www.easternmassasaugarattlesnake.com/
http://www.ojibway.ca/rattler.htm Reproduction The female massasauga rattlesnake can lay 5-19 eggs in her body. Then when they hatch the snakes come out and there are baby snakes. Interesting Facts -The Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake is the only venomous snake in Ontario and Quebec.
-It is one of the only snakes that lays eggs inside the body.