Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Veternarian
provider for animals such as
mammals, amphibians, birds,
and reptiles when they 're not
well, sick, injured, or have
something wrong with them. A vet has an average of 40
hours per week. Veterinary College
-Each year there are about 6,000 applications
turned in and only 2,400 openings.
-It's really competitive to get into veterinary college,
one must have a grade point average of 3.5 or higher. What a vet does?
- discover diseases
- perform surgeries
- give medications
according to illness. - Small animal vets: Are
vets who provide care for animals such as cats, dogs, guinea pigs, and rabbits. -Large animal vets are
veterinarians who go to
farms looking after animals
such as goats, horses, cows,
and sheep. -Exotic animal veterinarians
who work at circuses or in
zoos taking care of animals
like elephants, tigers and giraffes. Vets for size: By: Michelle Torres Becoming a Veterinarian Questions to Dr. Coffman Q: Do you enjoy working as a vet?
A: Yes Q: How long did it take you to become a vet?
A: 2 years undergraduate and 4 years vet school. Q: What's the hardest part about being a vet?
A: Have to turn down a patient because can't afford it. Q: What's the funniest part of being a vet?
A: Seeing the puppies and kittens. Q: How often do you perform surgeries?
A: 4 days a week. Q: What is a common misconception people have
about what you do?
A: People think being a vet is playing with puppies
but it's sadness. (A vet is not an easy job!) What animal do you see the most?
A: Dogs and Cats. (Mainly dogs) Q: What percentage do the animals have of not
making it out of surgery?
A: Less than 1% Q: What time of year do you have lots of emergencies?
A. Summer time. Q: How many hours do you work a week?
A: About 45 hours Q: What advice would you offer to someone going
into the vet career?
A: Volunteer and try having fun, don't take too serious. Type of Vets Dental Vet:
• If an animal teeth or gums are in bad shape or in need of
cleaning, they would need to get taken to a vet with a career
of dental. Where a dental Vet would pre-med them, and make
their teeth bright as white. Grooming Vet:
• When an animal is in need of a cleanser, they would get taking to
a grooming vet which includes bathing, cliping nails, and trimming
• This type of vet performs surgery if the animal is seriously injured of have any broken bones or need replacements. To be a good Vet: - Must be well educated - Have love for animals -Ability to communicate well
with owner's and staff's. - Ability to perfrom at a high
professional level. Veterinarian Salaries There were about about
59,700 jobs and 28 vetinary
schools in the U.S The End! x-rays Provide Medication Perform Surgery diseases / ticks What Vets Do?