Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Texas
Texas is located in the United States of America. On the middle bottom . Texas has 4 different borders wich are New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Mississippi. Texas also has borders on the Country of Mexico and The Gulf of Mexico.
The State Bird of Texas is the Northern Mockingbird. The State Tree of Texas is the Pecan Tree. The State Flower of Texas is called the Bluebonnet.
State bird, tree, and flower
Texas natural resources
became part of the USA
Texas became a state of the USA on December 29, 1845. When it first became part of our union it was a slave state. The population is 26.96 million people.
The natural resources of Texas has Asphalt-bearing rocks common in Bexar, Burnet, Kinney and Uvalde counties such as Bituminous coal and Lignite. The Cliffside gas field, near Amarillo, is the United States' leading producer of helium.
landmarks of texas
Texas is here
The first picture on the left is the Apollo Mission Control Center in Houston Texas. The center, otherwise known as the radio call sighn to the astronaughts, is very vital to every single one of the U.S. space flights. the Apollo Mission Controll Center flight control center teams of expierienced engineers and technicians are on duty 24.7.365 (all the time). Meanwhile on the right the picture you see is called the Alomo. The Alomo started in the 1700's when the San Antonio de Valero, a Spanish Mission, played a crucial role in the war. The natural landmark in the middle is called the Cave Without a Name wich holds delicate soda straws, stalactites, and stalagmites.
Ten Little known facts about Texas
1. The worlds first rodeo was in pecos, July 4, 1883.
2. The first suspension bridge in the U.S. was the Wacobridge built in 1870 over the Brazos River. People still use the bridge today.
3. The name Texas comes from the Hasini Indian word "tejas" meaning friends. not the spanish word tejas.
4. The state mascot is the Armidillo.
5. Texas's largest county is 6,208 square miles long.
6. Texas posses three of the top ten most populous cities in the United state of America: Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.
7. Armarillow has the largest helium well int he whole entire world.
8. More species of bats live in texas than any other state in the U.S.
9. John Wayne and Chuck Norris are honorary Texas Rangers. The Texas Rangers are the oldest law enforcement agency in North America with statewide jurisdiction.
10. The worlds largest (and oldest) rattle snake roundup is held every march in Sweetwater, Texas.
Texas State History
The official state flag of Texas, called the Lone Star Flag. The colors represent bravery (red), purity (white), and loyalty (blue). The large white star was first used on Texas flags in the 1830's during the battles between Texas and Mexico.Texas's flag was introduced on December 28, 1838, by senator William H. Wharton and was adopted on January 25, 1839 as the final national flag of the republic of Texas. On December 29, 1845 The Rebublic of Texas became the 28th State in the United States of America.
Red is a firefighter who was born in, June 18, 1915 Houston, Texas.
Amy is a track and field athlete who was born in, July 14, 1975 Port Athur, Texas.
Amy is an actress who was born in, December 5, 1976 in Dallas , Texas, USA.
Why live in Texas?
10 - Great Reason!
1. Less welfare vs. worker ratio
2. Low taxes
3. Low cost of living
4. Cheaper real estate
5. Low unemployment
6. Weak Unions
7. Good Schools
8. Friendly pople
9. Respect the 2nd Amendment
10. Very Little Snow!
Presidents from Texas
Our 34 President
Dwight David Eisenhower
1953-1961 (2 back to back terms as president.)
Our 36 President 1963-1969 Lyndon Baines Johnson. Was Vice President and became president after JFK - died
So many good things come from Texas. It is hard to pick what a favorite would be. I do love Ice Cream, the 2nd Amendment and Good Schools. However I think my favorite thing would be a Catch Phrase: "Don't Mess With Texas". This State is rich in history and resources. I am glad it was assigned to me. I hope you have learned something interesting!