Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
EdTech's Roles & Functions in the 21st Century Learning
Transcript of EdTech's Roles & Functions in the 21st Century Learning
Do you know what is Educational Technology?
In order to prepare our students to play their role in the 21st century society, the following can be considered when deciding how education will look in our schools and classrooms:
the effective use of technological tools in learning. As a concept, it concerns an array of tools, such as media, machines and networking hardware, as well as considering underlying theoretical perspectives for their effective application.
What is Technology?
the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry
is the collection of techniques, skills, methods and processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation
1. Instruction should be student-centered
Education is no longer about listening to the teacher talk and absorbing information. Instead of passively receiving information, their students would gather information on their own, under the guidance of the teacher.
2. Education should be collaborative.
Students should be encouraged to work together to discover information, piece it together, and construct meaning. Schools should also be collaborating with other educational institutions to share information and learn about different practices or methods that have been developed.
3. Learning should have context.
Students will be much more motivated to learn something that they can see the value in. Lessons have little purpose if they don't have any impact in the student's life outside schools.
THE ROLES OF EDTECH IN 21ST CENTURY LEARNING
1. Technology allows for 24/7 access to information.
2. Constant soial interaction.
3. Easily created and shared digital content.
There is a call for action to integrate technology as a fundamental building block into education in three broad areas:
1. Use technology comprehensively to develop proficiency in the 21st century skills.
2. Use technology comprehensively to support innovative teaching and learning.
3. Use technology comprehensively to create robust education systems.
IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS OF EDTECH
1. Improvement of Teaching
2. Analysis of Teaching-Learning Process
3. Improvement of Learning
4. Enhancing Goals of Education
5. Training to Teachers
6. Development of Curriculum