Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Copy of Trial of Spongebob Squarepants
Transcript of Copy of Copy of Trial of Spongebob Squarepants
2. There was a spatula found next to the body. It was covered in Mr. Krab's blood, but so was everything else. The spatula had several sets of fingerprints including SpongeBob's, Squidward's and Mr. Krab's.
3. The Coroner concluded that Mr. Krabs had bled to death, but the victim also had signs of blunt-force trauma to the back of the head.
4. The floor in the Krusty Krab was covered with Mr. Krabs' blood, but it was also very slick with cooking grease - several of the crime scene investigators slipped and fell during the investigation.
5. SpongeBob's footprints were found all over the greasy floor around Mr. Krab's body, along with the footprints of many other people. His footprints were NOT found in the blood puddle.
6. There was no sign of a
break-in at the restaurant.
7. The Krusty Krab cash register was
8. Mr. Krab's safe was found open,
and the recipe for his Krabby
Patty was NOT found in it.
9. There was a tiny cut on Mr. Krab's finger, but it was partially healed. Investigators concluded that this cut happened several weeks before Mr. Krab's death.
10. SpongeBob has worked at the Krusty Krab restaurant for years.
In all that time, he has never received a raise.
11. Plankton has a long history of trying to sabotage Mr. Krabs’ restaurant and steal his secret recipes.
12. Inside SpongeBob’s home, investigators found a spatula with traces of Mr. Krabs’ blood on it. The spatula handle had SpongeBob’s fingerprints, as well as Mr. Krabs’.
13. Three days after Mr. Krabs’s death, Plankton began selling a crab burger recipe on his website,
The recipe was very similar to Mr. Krabs’s Krabby Patty recipe, but it wasn’t
exactly the same.
14. During a search of Plankton’s home, investigators did NOT find the Krabby Patty recipe or any spatulas.
15. SpongeBob was the only person other than Mr. Krabs who had keys to the restaurant and knew the combination to the safe.
16. Two days after Mr. Krabs’ death, Plankton went to the bank and paid the remainder SpongeBob’s pineapple house loan. Plankton says he did this out of the goodness of his heart.
Crime Scene Evidence
17. Sandy testified that SpongeBob was desperately in need of money because the bank was going to repossess his pineapple house. She said SpongeBob had recently asked Mr. Krabs for a raise. Mr. Krabs denied him, stating that the business wasn’t doing very well and there wasn’t enough money to give anyone a raise. SpongeBob was pretty upset.
18. Patrick said that SpongeBob told him, “Mr. Krabs is a greedy pig. He’s gonna wish he’d given me a raise!”
19. SpongeBob said that he went to the Krusty Krab restaurant the morning of Mr. Krabs’s death in order to beg one last time for a raise. When Mr. Krabs denied him again, SpongeBob told him that he quit. Then he left and went home to his pineapple. He said he believed that Mr. Krabs would have a difficult time replacing him and that he’d regret losing his best employee.
20. Squidward saw SpongeBob enter the Krusty Krab restaurant two hours before Mr. Krabs was found dead. An hour later, he heard Mr. Krabs screaming loudly. After waiting a while, Squidward went into the restaurant to investigate, and that’s when he found the dead body.
21. SpongeBob testified that two weeks before Mr. Krabs’s death, Mr. Krabs accidentally cut his finger on a spatula. SpongeBob offered to take it home to get it clean, but then he forgot to bring it back to the restaurant.
22. Plankton said that the recipe he started selling on his website was one that he created with the help of his computerized wife, Karen. He affirmed that he did not steal Mr. Krabs’ Krabby Patty recipe and that he did not kill Mr. Krabs.
23. Patrick said he went to the Krusty Krab four hours before Mr. Krabs was found dead. The restaurant was locked, so Patrick knocked on the door. Mr. Krabs came out looking very upset. He told Patrick that the Krusty Krab was closed and that he might never sell another Krabby Patty again.
Now, you are either the prosecution or the defense. The prosecution needs to prove without a doubt that SpongeBob murdered Mr. Krabs (use evidence to show how and why he did it and to prove that he’s definitely guilty.)
The defense, on the other hand, only has to prove that SpongeBob might be innocent (this means you have to use evidence to show that Mr. Krabs’s death could have been caused by someone or something else.)
As a group, decide which pieces of evidence help your case. Discuss what each piece of evidence proves and how it might help logically prove that SpongeBob must be guilty (if you’re the prosecution) or that he might be innocent (if you’re the defense.) Most pieces of evidence don’t prove much if you take them individually, but several facts used together can help you argue your case.
Using the evidence worksheet, group several pieces of evidence together and then explain what those pieces of evidence prove. Each of your arguments for or against SpongeBob could be based on anywhere from two items of evidence up to five or six items of evidence. Your explanation should be at least a couple full sentences long. In a moment, you’ll look at an example of how you might do this if you were arguing in Plankton’s defense (which you won’t be because he’s not the one on trial.)