Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of The Rock Cycle Notes
Transcript of Copy of The Rock Cycle Notes
• Intrusive: formed inside the earth.
• Extrusive: formed at or near the surface of the earth. Examples: basalt Obsidian Granite Pumice Sedimentary Formed from sediments that are pressed and cemented together. Types:
•Clastic: pieces of rock cemented together.
•Chemical: evaporated from water.
•Organic: remains of living things. Examples: Chalk Conglomerate Limestone Gypsum Halite (salt) Sandstone The Rock Cycle Metamorphic Formed from sedimentary, igneous or other metamorphic rocks that are changed by heat, pressure, or chemical reactions. Types:
•Foliated: banded these rocks are MORE metamorphosed.
•Un-foliated: these rocks do not have bands. Examples: Gneiss Marble Quartzite Schist Slate