Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Barium
Atomic Mass: 137.33
Chemical Symbol: Ba Properties State of Matter at Room Temperature: Solid
Density: 3.6 g/cm^3
Boiling Point: 1897 °C
Melting Point: 727 °C
Is not radioactive, but has radioactive isotopes Ways the Element is Used To remove the last traces of gases
In x-ray imaging of the digestive system
Making ceramics and some types of glass
Making rat poison Other Interesting Facts The word barium comes from the Greek word barys, which means heavy.
When barium dissolves in water, it is poisonous if ingested.
It is only found combined with other elements. By: Ben Krupka Barium 2 valence electrons 56 protons and electrons 81 neutrons Barium is a metallic element, soft, and when pure is silvery white like lead. The metal oxidizes very easily and it reacts with water or alcohol. Barium is one of the alkaline-earth metals. This is pure barium.