Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Antiquity
Classical Greek: 480 BC- 323 BC
Dramatist and Playwrights
Representation of Women
Festival of Dionysia
Explore the artwork!
The Oresteia Trilogy
525 BC- 456 BC
Ann Stakias, Veronica Diaz, Brittany Sinko, Fernando Santiago
Men played all roles
Women were not allowed to participate
Depicted women as inferior for the purpose of comedy and entertainment.
characters suffered a disastrous end
Comedy- a stage play with a happy ending
Satyr-play- Functioned as the last piece. Poked fun at real people and events
Founder of Greek tragedy
Introduced the 2nd actor
wrote 90 plays, only 7 survived
Characters had limited traits
Plays emphasized forces beyond human control
Wrote trilogies on unified themes