Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CPD for Teachers
Transcript of CPD for Teachers
Julian Edge Flavours You, your classroom & your students By learning you will teach, by teaching you will learn. You, your school & your colleagues Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality. You, the world, and your connections Chance favours the connected mind. Josh Round
St George International
London What's cooking? What CPD works best for teachers
How to achieve it in practice
How to make it count What professional development makes the most difference to teachers? What develops teachers' ability to teach well?
7 factors... Dalai Lama Staffroom chats
Open Space Technology
Mentoring issues Attitude
Leadership collaboration Latin proverb "...learning has happened when you find yourself able to do something or be something that you weren’t...before.” Awareness of awareness of awareness! Teaching - reflection
Self observation - audio
Self observation - video
Observation - students
Try using a new... classroom-based Steven Johnson outside expertise Twitter
Hashtag Chats (e.g. #ELTchat)
PLN ('global staffroom')
Blogs - ideas, resources
Online courses & mentoring (e.g. iTDi) 1. DoS attends IATEFL conference
2. Goes to Jim Scrivener session on Demand High ELT
3. On return to school, gives Feedback workshop (perhaps) Top-down / Transmission 1. Teacher watches Jim Scrivener session on IATEFL Online
2. Participates on Twitter back-channel (#iatefl)
3. Visits Demand High ELT blog http://demandhighelt.wordpress.com/
4. 'Follows' blog & receives notification when it is updated
5. Takes part in #ELTchat discussion on Twitter on Demand High topic
6. Interacts with @jimscriv & others; re-evaluates own thinking
7. Reads the follow-up summary of the #ELTchat discussion
8. Tries out ideas in own teaching - reflects & comments on DH blog (or own blog)
9. Is alerted to new posts on DH Blog including Seminar & Observation tasks
10. Delivers seminar or engages colleagues in discussion / peer observation
11. Sees #dhelt tweets from PLN which share links to further reading Bottom-up / Experiential collaboration Muhammad Ali You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one. John Lennon Reflection Record email@example.com @joshsround Discuss:
How do teachers collaborate in your workplace?
How do they share their knowledge & expertise?
How often do they do this?
What facilitation is required from a manager? Task:
Brainstorm developmental activities which can be done in the classroom
Choose 1 activity - outline steps to set up & carry out effectively
Share your ideas Discuss:
How often do you use social media?
What words would you use to describe it?
What learning is possible via social media?
How does it relate to the kind of CPD discussed so far? www.BeTheDOS.wordpress.com Share your experiences / success stories:
How do teachers record their development?
When do they do this?
Do they choose to? Is it imposed on them? A Teacher Portfolio Examples of lesson plans Own resources Achievements Student work Observation feedback Photos of 'me & my class' Peer observations Workshops attended Workshops given Books & blogs