Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SL conference Motivation Workshop 3 June 2011
Transcript of SL conference Motivation Workshop 3 June 2011
Which factors affected your motivation positively or negatively?
Teachers’ working hard and encouraging us continuously and consistently
Teachers’ using games.
Having lots of group work improved both our friendship and concentration
Successful exam results
The pleasure of learning different and new topics
Bad results in exams
Dornyei, Z. and Otto, I. 1998. Motivation in action: A process model of L2 motivation. Working Papers in Applied Linguistics (London: Thames Valley University)
Dornyei, Z. 2001. Teaching and Researching Motivation. England: Pearson Education Limited.
Thanasoulas, D. 2002. Motivation and Motivating in EFLhttp://www.tefl.net/esl-articles/motivation-esl.htm
Our own students
Which of the factors below affected your motivation or enthusiasm?
To what extent were the following materials and activities motivating?
1. What makes you feel motivated as a teacher? Tick the most important three factors
2. At what time of the teaching day do you feel most motivated?
3. Which THREE factors do you think are important for student motivation?
T & S videos
Neil Anderson 2010