Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Roller Coaster Tycoon In the Classroom
Transcript of Roller Coaster Tycoon In the Classroom
Roller Coaster Tycoon inside the
By: Kimberly Rife
What is Roller Coaster Tycoon?
Roller Coaster Tycoon is a simulation type video game that allows the player to build and design their own theme park. Complete with food stands, entrance fees, customer service, and designing and riding one's very own roller coaster, this game has it all!
Roller Coaster Tycoon
inside the classroom
While Roller Coaster Tycoon may just look like an ordinary video game, it actually is teaching the player life skills. The player will learn mathematics and finance while trying to meet their goal of earning the park a certain amount of revenue, paying back loans in a certain amount of time, and keeping track of a budget, etc..
The player will also learn the basics of physics by creating their own roller coaster. They will learn about forces and acceleration by figuring out the proper height and speed their coaster may run. If the player is not successful in this, they risk their coaster crashing and breaking down almost permanently. This will force the player to start over on their design, or search for the cause of the incident.
This video shows how a player may design their own coaster.
Physics in motion on RCT
How to layout a
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Articles for Reference
– 3 – RCT allows for students to learn physics, math, finance, and social studies references based on the scenario played.
– 3 – Though students might need some help at first, RCT is very easy to learn and students may play on their own very quickly.
– 3 – Depending on the version brought, the cost of the game varies from $5-$30. I prefer the more classic version of RCT 1-3 ($5-10) to its 3D sequels ($30).
– 3 - Students may zoom in on the game screen, choose level of difficulty, and slow down play time based on their individual needs.
– 3 - This game can now be played on many different platforms, from IOS, NDS, and desktop. There is something for everybody, and all students seem to adapt to the play time individually.