Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Illustrated Guide to a PhD
Transcript of The Illustrated Guide to a PhD
So, don't forget the bigger picture.
Every fall, I explain to a fresh batch of Ph.D. students what a Ph.D. is. It's hard to describe it in words.
Matt Might, Ph.D.
University of Utah
Imagine a circle that contains all of human knowledge.
By the time you finish high school, you know a bit more
By the time you finish elementary school, you know a little.
A master's degree deepens that specialty.
Once you're at the boundary,
You push at the boundary for a few years
Until one day,
the boundary gives way.
With a bachelor's degree,
you gain a specialty.
And, that dent you've made is called a
And of course, the world looks different to you now.
So, I use pictures.