Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Dancing Our Way through Philosophical Paradigms
Transcript of Dancing Our Way through Philosophical Paradigms
Emphasis on structure, symmetry, and perfection of the technique.
Minimum audience/dancer interaction.
Fixed, linear, “acted” plots
Uses fixed movements to represent symbolic meaning of the four seasons.
Acknowledges limited observation angles through camera lens.
Less precise aesthetic language than classical ballet.
Rite of Spring
Based on pagan rituals (ethnography)
Solos = personal expression
Rituals = dances in unison
Tension between males and females, groups and individuals
"Proper" ways of being, conventions
Choreographer as authority figure
Scream: a call for change
Breaks traditional conventions
Absence of the "fourth wall"
Deconstruction of subject/object