Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Elizabethan Era
Transcript of The Elizabethan Era
What Happened During the Elizabethan Era
The Elizabethan Era is known for the Virgin Queen. Also great explorers, like Sir Francis Drake and Walter Raleigh.
It is also the era of the very first Theaters in England - William Shakespeare and the globe Theater.
In London at this time people were dying in large deaths called the, Black Death.
The Spanish War was happening.
The People Of The Elizabethan Era
The people of the Elizabethan Era dressed very conservative, especially the ladies. They wore mostly dresses, the men collars, ruffs, hats, etc...
The people ate fish. dairy, fruit, meat, and veggies.
5 popular jobs were :
2 popular sports in this time were :
- Fencing,- This sport usually took time, practice, and effort. A Knight was trained first as a Page from the age of 7 to 14 and then as Squire from the age of 14 to 21. It was an individual sport.
- Animal blood sports- Including Bear and Bull baiting. Dog and Cock fighting. They were very popular at the time. Bear baiting and Bull baiting took place in purpose built arenas. The most famous London arena, called a Bear Garden, for Bear Baiting was in Paris Garden in Southwark.
The Elizabethan Era
The Elizabethan Era was from 1558-1603, Queen Elizabeth ruled during this time.
The queen's father was King Henry Tudor, and he is known for beheading all of his wives until he had a son to rule after he would pass.
Queen Elizabeth ate so many sweets that her teeth rotted away and turned black,
Boys schools were 6 days a week all year, from 6 am to 6 pm.
Women were not allowed to be in plays.
If he was still alive, Shakespeare would make 55 million dollars a year.
Queen Elizabeth reigned for 45 years.
He was another famous playwright during Shakespeare's time
He lived from 1564-1593
He wrote Dr.Faustus in 1588
Templateeliz." Templateeliz. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2014.
"ThinkQuest : Library." ThinkQuest : Library. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Jan. 2014.
Elizabethan Era." ELIZABETHAN ERA. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Jan. 2014.