Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Script Writing Format
Transcript of Script Writing Format
Programs to Get Going
Why This Format?
3 Most Commonly Used Elements
1) Demonstrate the Value of using Screenplay Format
SEE and HEAR
Your biggest obstacle and resource.
or Slug Line
Day or Night
and the list goes on
I've created a template download here for free
Or email me
This is the program I know use and love. Industry standard, or at least it was when I began writing.
Everyone speaking the same language throughout production alleviates misunderstandings.
Tool for Entire Process
Great for Actors Finding Lines
Building Shooting Schedules
Estimating Duration of Screen Time
1 page = 1 minute
Submissions to Studios
If not this format your script will get tossed as fast as a resume with spelling misstakes.
2) Provide 3 Practical Tools
The formatting has been boiled down to the basics, for practical communication of story/script. Exact formatting should be employed if you are to submit your script to a studio.
Example - I say dialogue should be centered, when really it should be indented an exact distance from the left margin.
3) Reminder of the Cardinal Rule