Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Geography Project: Phillipnies
Transcript of Geography Project: Phillipnies
historical figures I Boundaries Capital
Philippines: Manila Currency: Pesos
Official Language: Tagalog/Filipino
Transportation: Jeepneys( decorated buses), taxis, LRTs, cars, and tricycle taxis
Tourism: Swim next to whale sharks, climb a volcano, visit mountain tribes, eat with your hands with out being looked at funny, eat fresh tropical fruit, zipline over a bay, etc Human Geography Specific Landforms Population: 845,765,000
Economy: Agriculture, light industry, and services
Government: Republic Human Geography Physical Geography By: Kai and Taylor
(With help by Jenna, Grace, and Greyson Philippines National Geographic Kids.com
Live in the Philippines.com
Legal Language Services.com Mountains: Sierra Madre, Zambales, Pangasinan, Bataan, Cordillera, Caraballo, and Zamboanga Mtns.
Volcanoes: Pacific Ring of Fire
Waterways: China Sea, Sulu Sea, Pacific Ocean, Enchanted River (a river unbelievably deep) Landforms: valleys, mountains, plateaus, volcanoes, islands, and hills
Waterways: Seas, oceans, and rivers
Over 7100 islands
Climate: Usually warm with constant rainfall and gentle winds.
Resources: Fertile land (Fruit/Veggies), minerals, and logging Important Cities Quezon City: Quezon City is the most populous city in the Philippines | on the island Luzon, same as Manila | Current Mayor: Herbert Bautista | Many different parks
Vigan City: A very modern, clean, and beautiful city as it is of Spanish heritage | Mayor: Eva Marie Singson-Medina | Also on the island of Luzon | Many marines and fisherman
Zamboanga City: Nicknamed Asia's Latin City | Mayor: Celso L. Lobrega | Contains 28 different islands The Philippines have three regions: Luzon in the North, Visayas in the middle, and Mindanao in the South Manila is on the 17th largest island, Luzon and 4th most populous island.
Manila is next to Manila Bay, which is next to the Pacific Ocean
Manila was established in 1571 when conquistador Miguel Lopez de Legaspi made it the Capitol Important
II & III Dr. Jose Rizal: Jose is a pride of the Malayan race and Philippine race. He lived during the Philippine Revolution he mastered 22 languages, took five different bachelor courses. The languages he learned are include Chinese, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and 11 other languages. He was good with a gun and sword he was defendant of his country and when the Philippine Revolution started, Rizal was jailed and later executed at Bagumbayan Field by gun.
Josefa Gabriela Silang: Wife of Diego Silang, another hero in the process of making the Philippines independent (he captured Manila). She led an attack on the Spanish and attacked Vigan. Like her husband, she was killed. Hung along with 100 of her troopers after being captured by the Spanish. Languange :Tagalog/Filipino
Entertainment: Kids: Partying, playing sports (soccer, basketball, volleyball, and swimming), coming up with indoor games | Adults: Partying, playing sports ( soccer, basketball, volleyball, and swimming), and working | Everyone: PARTYING!!!!
Dominant Religion: Roman Catholic
Dance: Since the Philippines was under Spanish Rule, it has a very Spanish heritage and culture, which include very colorful dresses, and quick movements (see video at end) Culture cont'd Music: BTW, Bruno Mars is half Filipino
Top 20 Charts
20. Gloc-9 10. Sinong Mag-aakala
19. It's Complicated 9. Di No Ma Kaya
18. Sa Isang Sulyap Mo 8. 12:51
17. Steal Your Soul 7. Beautiful to Me
16. Halina 6. Dear Lonely
15. Ang Sarap Maging Single 5. Stargazer
14. Basically 4. Alive
13. Unbelievable 3. Tagpuan
12. Tayang Dalawa 2. Bakit Pa Ba
11. Paalam Kahapon 1. Pag-Ibig
Food: Filipinos eat very exotic food such as french-fry sized eggrolls, type of cake that is purple, orange, and green because of the fruits used, bread made with meat inside, but it is all delicious, trust me. Historical Facts 1. People first reached the Philippines about 30,000 years ago
2. Ferdinand Magellan claimed the Philippines for Spain in 1521
3. The Philippines declared its independence from Spain on June 12, 1898.
4. The Americans helped the Filipinos defeat the Spaniards
5. After the Philippines declared independence, Spain gave it to America, causing another war
6. The nation was independent in 1945, but the US took over again
7. The Philippines gained independence on July 4th, same as America.
8. The Philippines' largest city (population-wise) is named after the first president, Manuel Quezon
9. The Republic of the Philippines was finally established in 1946.
10. It took a while for the first governments to fix the damage caused by WWII.
11. The Philippines has had many different kinds of leaders, communist, capitalist.
12. So, the Philippines has never been politically calm for a long period of time.
13. The fluorescent lamp we use today was invented by Agapito Flores, a Filipino
14. Being ruled by two different countries has affected the culture of the Philippines
15. Food reflects the countries' varied history, as the Philippines has been involved with America, Spain, Japan, and China. "educationally, it is among the most advanced of Asian countries." wowphilippines.ca