Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Jim Crow Laws
Transcript of Jim Crow Laws
How Did They Keep Blacks Oppressed
What is it like to live under Jim Crow?
-Job loss and refusal
Segregation in Alabama
-Mr Dolphis Ramon
What are Jim Crow Laws?
- Began in the 1800's
-1896 Plessy Vs. Fergison
-Racial Caste System
-Very strict anti-black laws
- Black were demoted to second class citizens
-Jim Crow is a derogatory term for a black male
How does these relate to the book?
"Restaurants: It shall be unlawful to conduct a restaurant or other place for the serving of food in the city, at which white and colored people are served in the same room, unless such white and colored persons are effectually separated by a solid partition extending from the floor upward to a distance of seven feet or higher, and unless a separate entrance from the street is provided for each compartment."The Jackson Sun