Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Social Contract
What is a Social Contract?
Agreement among all that addresses behavior and involvement beyond Mrs. Allen's classroom rules.
Why do we need a Social Contract?
How do you create the contract?
Not being attentive (head down, etc.)
Need to use Good Listening Skills
Talking while someone else has permission to talk
You must agree to give your best effort everyday.
Confidentiality within the class
Achieving Your Goal
Each person needs 1 Paper Clip & a Piece of Yarn that is 10 inches in length.
1. How do you want to be treated by Mrs. Allen?
2. How do you want to be treated by others?
3. How do you think Mrs. Allen wants to be treated?
4. How do you treat each other in a conflict?
Developing the Contract
Each family will designate the following jobs to a member.
Facilitator: Make sure everyone is participating.
Secretary: Write down the final contract.
Parliamentarian: Keep everyone on task.
Reporter: Report family contract to class.
Put-Downs & Put-Ups
Include 3 “Signs or Ways” to Self-Manage
How to appropriately correct someone next to you
How to appropriately bring attention to someone breaking the contract across the room.
How to appropriately respond to put-downs