Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Vimi's Dissertation
Matrix Partners preso!
Harvard Business Review
How to lower the cost of enterprise sales?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
For sales leaders who have to move from a SW license model to a SaaS model.
Due to rev-rec policies only the Annual Contract Value (ACV) in the 1st year can be recognized. Most SaaS contracts have an exit clause after 12 months, rendering Total Contract Value (TCV) worthless.
Selection of Subject
Contents of research
( 17 subjects )
Profits on a 25,000 software license
Monitoring, Interview, Self-report, Expert group meeting
Experts group meeting
Construction of CREP
What to do?
SaaS causes a drop in revenues
Selling SaaS in the Enterprise
And with success
Using Traditional Sales Methods
To the attention of David Skok
Thank You for the inspiration
Perpetual SW License
Monthly SaaS Revenues
B2B Deals have a High Client Acquisition Cost
Gap is too big to close with traditional SaaS sales.
Risk with SaaS is way higher
The Graduate School
22th Jun. 2012
203, The faculty building
- Exercise Specialist
1) Selection of Subjects
2) Experimental Procedures
3) Exercise Program Progress
( 21 subjects )
Blood test & Nutritional evaluation
Early gastric cancer patients
Underwent minimally invasive surgery
AGE: 30-65 years
Not exercised regularly for six month
Pregnancy or plans to become pregnant
Other primary cancer history
History of major abdominal surgery except current surgery
Cardiopulmonary medical comorbidity
IBM SPSS statistics 20
mean ± SD
Development of Precaution and Algorithm
1) movements found to be impossible in phase 2
2) feedback from subjects
3) judgment of the researcher
Assessment of the feasibility
In phase 2
* Lack of a control group
for Gastric Cancer Survivors after Minimally Invasive Gastrectomy
* Lee, Mi Young
* Lee, Ju Hyung
* Lee, Dae Taek
Cancer is the number one
cause of death in the world.
appropriate amount of exercise ??
Minimally Invasive Gastrectomy
Cancer is considered to be a severe health risk and cause of the spiraling cost of health care.
Weight reduction after OP
* recovery time : 6 months - 1 year
Benefits of Exercise Therapy
for Cancer Survivors
Improvement of the recovery of function
Improvement of the quality of life
Reduction of depression
Maintenance of muscle mass
< Method >
ECOG(Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group) scale performance status
psychological* As publishepsychologicald in Am. J. Clin. Oncol.:
Oken, M.M., Creech, R.H., Tormey, D.C., Horton, J., Davis, T.E., McFadden, E.T., Carbone, P.P.: Toxicity And Response Criteria Of The Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. Am J Clin Oncol 5:649-655, 1982.
1) Blood Pressure drops after surgery
2) Exercise intensity will be different depending on their condition
3) Full-scale abdominal exercise was available commonly after six weeks
May 10, 2013
Bhatla et al. (2010)
International Caner Control (UICC)
(Y. W. Kim & Kim, 2009)
American Cancer Society (2012)
(Brown, Riley, Schussler, & Etzioni, 2002)
Schmitz et al. (2010)
in gastric cancer patients
Pain of abdominal
Specific Character of Gastric Cancer Patients
" Reduce physical activity ! "
" Take a rest ! "
Graded exercise test
Chair stand, Wall Half squat
Back stretch, Sit and reach
1) To evaluate
the possible degree of physical aptitude
The purposes of this study are:
4) To develop
regarding the CREP-EGCS
precautions , warnings
5) To construct algorithms for prescribed
the process for the CREP-EGCS
gastric cancer patients
who underwent gastrectomy and were hospitalized
Cardiovascular system, Immune system, Musculoskeletal system, Body composition
QoL, Fatigue, Depression, Anxiety
2) To construct an evidence-based
3) To evaluate the feasibility and
efficacy of the CREP-EGCS
* Different intensities
* More exercise or physical activity
than three times a week
Monitoring Degree of Physical Aptitude
- They think that exercise is possible after complete recovery
(two to three months after surgery).
- They are worried that the exercise will interfere
with the recovery of the surgical site.
- They are not able to eat much;
thus, they do not want to move a lot.
- They fear they will not be able to resume normal activities
for some time.
- They rely a great deal on abdominal support.
- They move carefully and slowly.
- Abdominal exercises do not seem to be a good idea.
- Perhaps the abdominal exercises will be impossible.
- If the intra-abdominal pressure rises,
the surgical site may rupture.
- Even though it necessitates pain relief,
it is better to move than to not move.
- Actually, we are not exercise specialist.
Thus we cannot comment on that.
-It is impossible to know
the optimal time to start exercise.
-On what data will our program be based?
Data on cancer recovery exercise programs
for breast cancer survivors, prostate cancer
survivors, etc. have been reported,
but no programs for EGCS have been described.
-A very low-intensity exercise program is probably suitable for EGCS
height, weight, body mass index, body composition, circumferences, and skin fold
Functional Assessment of CAncer Therapy
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer
[Precautions on symptoms]
1) Orthostatic dizziness
2) Blood pressure
3) Blood sugar
4) Exercise intensity
5) Problems with eating
- The surgery inhibited the strength of the abdomen until six weeks after surgery
Differences were observed between individuals in the first six weeks after surgery.
- Participants avoided bending the upper body
- Recovery: robotic surgery recovered quickly.
- Relationships: Survivors leaned heavily on the exercise specialists.
- Exercise intensity: based on the participants’ fitness level before treatment.
- Cancer-related knowledge: the participants wanted to talk about their own health-related issues.
1. Gastric cancer is the most common cancer among Korean males
2. Increasing the detection rate of early gastric cancer
3. Cancer patients prefer the minimally invasive gestrectomy
about 5.5 days
They had trouble with only few motion.
They are especially worried that their health
Physiological < Psychological
Exercise education is necessary
Abdominal exercise would be impossible
on the site of surgery
Not at all !
Major Preceding Research
An estimated 70%
of gatric cancer patients lose weight.
(E. S. Lee & Whang, 1993)
Recovery to pre-sugery : 90 days
However never increased above pre surgery
(Houborg et al., 2006)
Above-moderate-intensity physical activity = 0
Light intensity physical activity = x
(Johnson et al., 2009)
improvement in all fitness metrics except grip strength
16 weeks aerobic exercise
Proper PA: QoL
(Courneya et al., 2005)
(Lynch et al., 2008)
(Peddle et al., 2008)
effect of CREP?
More effective CREP