Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Fact or opinion
Transcript of Fact or opinion
Identify facts that support an opinion. Objective: Women’s and girls’ boxing bouts (matches) are fought in four two-minute rounds.
Boxers are divided into weight classes.
The 2012 Olympic Games have three weight classes for women: flyweight, lightweight, and middleweight. Look at the title and subtitle of the article “Fighting for Her Dream." This is an inspiring story. This statement is an opinion. People use facts to support their opinions Example: The beach is awesome. opinion facts to support opinion People can lay in the sun, build sandcastles, and get in the water. A valid opinion should be supported with facts. VALID OPINION The beach is awesome. opinion facts to support opinion People can lay in the sun, build sandcastles, and get in the water. The beach is awesome. Just because It's so fun and cool. NOT A VALID OPINION WEAK!!!! STRONG! These are facts. Read "Fighting for Her Dream." Identify Facts and opinions. DO NOW 1. Define what a fact is.
2. Define what an opinion is. When we watch the news, listen to presidential debates, or even talk to a salesperson at the store... We need to ask ourselves if what we are hearing is just someone's opinion or the facts. A good salesperson will give you his opinion AND the facts. The FACTS are what make an argument stronger and more convincing. or both!