Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Rubrics
anyway? What are the characteristics of a quality rubric? An assessment tool to measure the
extent to which students have met
learning outcomes or objectives For students:
It outlines what is expected.
It indicates relative weights .
It diagnoses the quality of student work.
It informs future work. For faculty:
It helps ensure that instruction leads to desired outcomes.
It aids reliability (consistency) in scoring.
It justifies grades. Reddy & Andrade, 2010 What does the research
say about rubric use
in higher education? When instructors use rubrics, the purpose is typically as a scoring guide. Rubrics are used in many disciplines. ...but by few
instructors. Students like rubrics. ...especially when they are shared
in advance of an assignment. Think of assessment for learning; not just assessment of learning. Evaluation
strategy A rubric typically has 3 parts A few examples of rubric options... http://www.mwp.hawaii.edu/resources/peer_review.htm#sample1 Now...On your own