Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Breadwinner By: Deborah Ellis
Transcript of The Breadwinner By: Deborah Ellis
2) Hopeful- She always believed that her father would return home alive not in a coffin.
3) Brave- she went out in the world and illegaly pretended to be some one else.
4) Scared- that she will be killed for going out in public with out a man and lying to the government.
5) Willing- Parvana was willing to give up her old life style and change her name, her hair and her clothing to provide for her family. By Luanne McGregor Antagonist The antagonist is the Taliban they inforced laws like women have to ware burka's if going outside and can't go to school or go outside with out a husband or sons escort. They made it really hard for women to live in Afghanistan and for men too. I would recommend this book to people that
have an interest in historic novels. This book
is also good for youth because Parvana is our
age so you can find out what some one in
another country what their life is like. This book
is also great for those kind of people who like a
good nail bitter and chapters that leave you hanging. Recommendations Time Period The time period this book is based in is the early 1990's when the Taliban first began to rule. When the country was nick named most dangerous country in the world. "Parvana there's a crowd over there maybe we'll get some sales" Shvania said while speeding of toward the crowd while balancing the tray. As the girls watch as Taliban soldiers push men and shouting hurry up. "We'll avoid them" Parvana said while sneaking in the entrance. The men were not cheering and instead of a soccer team soldiers led thieves out on the field. As the girls watched in horror as the soldier raised his ax and threw it down on the mans now bleeding arm. As the girls scream in horror they had spilled all their cigarettes men near by picked them all up and returned them to the girls one man next to the girls said "Go home see some ting nicer forget about this ugly go home" Paragraph