Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Digestive Organ: The Stomach
Transcript of Digestive Organ: The Stomach
Stomach muscles churns and physically breaks down food
For the chemical breakdown, enzymes and acids are released by the stomach
Gives time for enzymes to act
Liquified food is released from the stomach and into the small intestines in a regulated manner
Functions of the Stomach
Nicole, Hazel & Calvin
The stomach is part of the digestive system
It is located in the upper abdomen
Between esophagus and small intestines
links for tissues+functions:
The Structure of the Stomach
When a frog throws up, it throws up its entire stomach.
People have lived without their stomachs (after they've been removed because of a disease).
Want to watch a video?
Different Tissues and Functions
4 Primary Types of Tissues
Mucosa - Innermost Layer
-Made of columnar epithelium and lamina propria
-Made of various connective tissues, blood vessels, and nervous tissue
-Three different smooth muscles in three different directions
-simple epithelium and areolar connective tissues
-coated with wet liquid
Main structure of stomach
Pylorus/ Pyloric Sphincter
Tissues in the Stomach
Two Truths and a
3. The average stomach can expand up to 6L.
1. When you blush, the lining of your stomach turns red as well.
2. It is possible to digest your own stomach.