Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Seven Ancient Wonders
Transcript of Seven Ancient Wonders
wonders Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt Statue of Zeus at Olympia Hanging Gardens of Babylon Mausoleum at Halicarnassus Colossus of Rhodes Lighthouse at Alexandria Temple of Artemis at Ephesus sun god Helios
built by the Rhodians
3th century B.C.
tappled in an earthquake Pharos
helped to guide ships
destroyed by earthquakes bank of the Nile, Cairo
only wonder that survived
3 pyramids: Cheops, Chepren, Mycerimus
between 2700 and 2500 B.C. sculptor: Phidias
mid 5th century B.C.
4th century A.D. closed
moved to Constantinople
destroyed in a fire, 462 near Euphrates river, Irak
around 600 B.C.
wife - Amytis of Media
destroyed by earthquakes, 2nd century B.C. Turkey
built by Artemista after her husband's death
destroyed by an earthquake, 13th century
London British Museum several alters and temples
marble temples, 550 and 350 B.C.
burned on July 21, 356 B.C.
destroyed by Ostrogoths, 272 A.D.