Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Greek Philosophers
Disciple of Plato (The Academy)
Teacher of Alexander the Great
Focus on study of logic
Focus on natural sciences (measured by the senses)
Athens as a cultural hub:
mixture of ideas, education, beliefs
Philosophy based on reason
Become virtuous (not rich)
" As for me, all I know is that I know nothing. "
" If a man would move the world, he must first move himself. "
"The unexamined life is not worth living"
Wrote The Apology - Socrates defense
Wrote The Republic (ideal gov't)
Theory of Forms & Ideas
Founded The Academy
“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
(384 – 322 BCE)