Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MGMT 3311 - Ch 1
Transcript of MGMT 3311 - Ch 1
Dr. Laura Guerrero
What is human resource management?
What is an organization?
What is management?
... and why do we want to study this stuff?
"Human resource management (HRM) is the process of acquiring, training, appraising, and compensating employees, and of attending to their labor relations, health and safety, and fairness concerns." (Dessler, 2015, p. 4)
In groups, explain what it means
(1) to acquire employees
(2) to train employees
(3) to appraise employees
(4) to compensate employees
(5) labor relations
(6) health and safety
what does it mean that HR managers have line authority and staff authority?
Evidence-based management - questionnaire
What is evidence-based management?
Groups/teams next class