Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Integrative Thematic Unit: The Oregon Trail
Transcript of Integrative Thematic Unit: The Oregon Trail
Daily life on the Oregon Trail will be explored through a simulated journey on the Oregon Trail
This "Journey" will be a unit-long project including all subject areas Concept Web A way to create interest for fourth grade students in geography, history, and writing, reading, science, the arts, and technology.
Allows for very interactive, hands-on experiences such as building, creating, and relating to personal experiences. Unit Rationale Classroom Design Content Picture Book Stations and KWL "Journey Along the Trail" main project for the unit
over all three weeks 1. research a pioneer identity
2. shop for supplies
3. pack the wagon
4. experience the trail Parent Involvement Interactive Bulletin Board The New and Improved Covered Wagon "Westward Ho!" Play Students will identify problems with the original covered wagon design and brainstorm realistic solutions to the design flaw(s). Using materials that would be available during the 19th century, students will build a new and improved covered wagon. Students will read and analyze a play script about one family's experiences on the Oregon Trail. Then, they will practice and present the play to their classmates and families at the end of the unit. Final Projects